When you choose to visit a ZW Clinic, we are required to collect and store some personal identifiable information about you, such as your name, date of birth, contact details, and address. This enables us to provide medical treatment and advice. We will also need to keep a brief medical history for you, as well as a record of any treatments we provide.
You will be asked to provide this information on your first appointment, and our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We are required to keep this information for 8 years following the completion of treatment in adults. For children, the information is retained until the patients 25th birthday, or 26th birthday if the patient was 17 at the conclusion of treatment.
In order to help ZW Clinics in the provision of our services, we may be required on occasion to share personal information with trusted third parties. This may include the following people: General Practitioner – We may need to update your GP on your medical condition. Other Health Professional – if you need to be referred to another Health Professional, we may need to provide them information of previous treatments. This will be discussed with you prior to information being shared.
- The name and contact details of our organisation.
- The purposes of the processing.
- The lawful basis for the processing.
- The categories of personal data obtained (if the personal data is not obtained from the individual it relates to).
- The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data.
- The retention periods for the personal data.
- The rights available to individuals in respect of the processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- The source of the personal data (if the personal data is not obtained from the individual it relates to).
- The details of whether individuals are under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide the personal data (if applicable, and if the personal data is collected from the individual it relates to).
We provide individuals with privacy information at the time we collect their personal data from them. If we obtain personal data from a source other than the individual it relates to, we provide them with privacy information: within a reasonable of period of obtaining the personal data and no later than one month; if we plan to communicate with the individual, at the latest, when the first communication takes place; or if we plan to disclose the data to someone else, at the latest, when the data is disclosed.
ZW Clinics regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we update our privacy information and communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.
ZW Clinics undertakes an information audit to find out what personal data we hold and what we do with it. We put ourselves in the position of the people we’re collecting information about. We carry out user testing to evaluate how effective our privacy information is.